Sunday, May 1, 2011

Goats in the kitchen + one little word

For the last several years I have picked a word of the year to be my focus. Ali Edwards was my inspiration back when I was checking her site almost daily for ideas to incorporate in my scrapbooking gig.

In 2008 my word was action. I definitely made progress that year. put off procrastination and perfectionism on so many fronts and acted. I wrote letters that wouldn't have been written. I blogged, I created, I connected. 

2009 was calm. Actually 2009 wasn't calm, but that was my word. I don't think I did so great on that word, but I think I made at least a little progress and realized that I have a ways to go on that one.

2010 was love. I'm glad I picked that word for last year. It was very helpful to think of how to apply that word throughout the year in different and difficult circumstances.

2011 is nurture. (Since I wasn't blogging at the beginning of the year I thought I would share it now.) I think this word is the perfect word for this year. More than anything I just want to nurture my children and help them develop and grow and experience the best and happiest and most fulfilling childhood they can to lay the groundwork for the rest of their lives. It seems like they are in the last stages of true childhood innocence and before I know it, they will be all grown up.

I also want to nurture myself and others around me. With so many things swirling around right now this word has been helping me keep focused and grounded thus far this year. Or at least more focused and grounded than I would have been otherwise.

I have this word written on a page of typing paper and taped to my wall in my bedroom so it's the last thing I see before I go to bed and the first thing I see when I wake up.

Nurture.







And the goats? Here's the story with the goats. My neighbors 3 houses down have a little farm and they just had 13 baby goats born. The other day we went over and S&T had fun playing with them. 

I really love the neighborhood I live in. (Our other neighbors have llamas, and the other ones have a tramp that we have an open invitation to use anytime and there is a great park at the end of our street. I love it here.)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...