Thursday, June 21, 2012

Waterslides and Rock Climbing

I am still trying to find the right birthday balance...I have these two little people who talk about how excited they are for their birthdays for MONTHS! So, naturally I don't want them to be disappointed, but I also don't want them to be spoiled...and then there's the fact that their birthdays are 10 days apart and they are so close in age yet different genders and the stickiness of everything being "fair".  And then there's all the added little situations that happen because they have parents who are divorced... So I have worn myself out trying to make sure these two little people of mine have had great birthdays...I think I succeeded, but I think I ended up on the spoiled side of things...I guess these things take time to figure out!

An interview with Talmage on his birthday last week:)


I wanted the actual day of their birthdays to be special so I let each of them pick a special activity to do on their birthday. Talmage chose going to Cowabunga Bay...we pass by it every time I drive them down to Tyler's, so it's something they have wanted to do for a long time and since Talmage's brace can be removed for swimming he could actually go! It was only about 80 degrees on the day we went, so the kids spent a lot of time in the Lazy River since the water in there was pretty warm.






Sydney has been wanting to go rock climbing so that was the activity she chose. I had no idea how much fun they would both have...I thought it would be a 45 minute activity, but we were there for two hours and could have easily stayed for 2 more. 












































Hmmm...the way I transfered these images onto the blog made the pics really low quality...I will upload better versions of these pics when I have a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...