Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Girl

Sydney is now 5 years old. Wow. I can hardly believe it.

Last night I hosted Learning Circle at my house and one of the women brought her month-old baby girl with her. The tiny one slept soundly the entire time, but before we disbanded (around 11pm!) I asked if I could peek inside the car seat she was snuggled into to look at her. This little baby girl looked just like Sydney when she was a tiny baby. She was perfectly beautiful in every way. A little later as I was trying to drift off to sleep, all of the sudden I was hit by a flood of emotions just thinking about my sweet Sydney and how much she has grown up. I comforted myself by crawling into bed with my sleeping little angel and falling asleep by her side.

I just love her so much.

So so so so so much.

Sydney's super duper back floating skills have recently spurred some healthy competition between her and her cousins. When I told Rachel and Lucy that Sydney could float on her back for 33 seconds it got their competitive juices flowing and pretty soon all of them were floating on their backs for 2-3 minutes. It will be fun once they get their strokes down well enough to start racing.


I just can't believe how TALL she looks here!


And how small she looks here. (4 days old)




2.5 months old (Virginia)




1 year old (Philadelphia)


2-years old


3-years old

 4-years old


And now...5 years old!



I couldn't ask for a more wonderful daughter.

Happy Birthday Sydy!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, she looks SO tall in that picture. THANK YOU so much for teaching swim lessons. As we were driving home, Rachel told me, "If there was a contest for the fastest naturally crooked eight-year old swimmer, I would win!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the photo of her floating. What a fun shot and what a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cutie. I love the picture of her floating and the picture in her princess dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister Emily took the picture of Sydney floating with her iphone. Pretty great quality!

    Emily, that is funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...